Allen County Criminal Law Attorney
Criminal law attorneys represent defendants who are charged by the State of Indiana with various crimes. The process is intentionally confusing and terrifying. Prosecutors may be offering you a deal that sounds good, but you are not sure you want to admit guilt. An Allen County criminal law attorney can ensure that you get the best possible deal or win the case via pretrial motions to prevent the case from seeing a jury.
Defending Clients From All Types of Criminal Charges
- DUI, DWI, OWI, OVWI – Those are a lot of acronyms that are all related to operating a vehicle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Drunk driving charges can result in jail time, especially when there are aggravating factors such as an injured victim or a minor in the vehicle. Our attorneys can mitigate the damage of these allegations.
- Drug possession charges – Indiana is not among the states that allow recreational marijuana, so defendants can face fines or even jail time if they are caught in possession of marijuana. Other substances have far more severe sentences. Our attorneys will fight for an alternative method of adjudicating your case other than criminal levies.
- Theft – Even if you were caught red-handed, you do not want to plead guilty to a theft charge. Even as a misdemeanor, it can stay on your record and the last thing you want a prospective employer to learn is that you were convicted of stealing.
- Domestic violence – Domestic violence charges are tricky because they result not only in criminal charges but administrative penalties, as well. For example, anyone who is charged with domestic violence cannot legally possess a weapon. This includes police officers and military members.
- Weapons charges – Both state and federal law imposes restrictions on who can carry, own, or purchase weapons. You can also be charged with a felony for lying on a weapons permit application.
- Internet crimes – Internet crimes include fraud, propositioning a minor on social media, possession of child pornography, stalking, and more.
- Juvenile charges – The Bellinger Law Office helps minors navigate criminal charges as defense advocates.
- Probation violations – Our attorneys can represent you at a probation violation hearing.
- Criminal records sealing – If a past indiscretion is tainting your future, our attorneys can help you seal your records.
- Traffic violations and CDL defense – Our attorneys help CDL drivers protect their livelihood by fighting traffic tickets. We can also help get your driver’s license restored if it was taken away.
Talk to an Allen County Criminal Law Attorney
If you have been charged with a crime in Allen County, Indiana, the attorneys at The Bellinger Law Office will zealously defend you from the charges. Call our firm today to schedule an appointment and learn more about how we can help.