Angola License Restoration Lawyer
A driver’s license suspension can really put a damper on your mobility. It can make it more difficult for you to do the things you want to do, and bumming rides is no fun, either. The Angola license restoration lawyers at The Robert Bellinger Law Office represent clients who have had their driver’s licenses suspended. We work with prosecutors and the courts to come up with solutions that mitigate the damage a license suspension can do to your life. If your license has been suspended in Indiana, an experienced license restoration lawyer can help you explore your legal options.
Why are Driver’s Licenses Suspended in Indiana?
There are a number of reasons why Indiana authorities might suspend a driver’s license. These include:
- You have habitually violated traffic laws: Under Indiana Law, this means you have three or more “major” traffic offenses or two major offenses (with one that caused serious injuries or death to another driver). Also, if you have 10 or more moving violations over a 10-year period, the court may suspend your license.
- DUI / DWI convictions: In some cases, your license can be suspended if you have been convicted of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. In cases in which you refuse to take a breathalyzer or a blood test, you can have your license automatically suspended. You will need the aid of an attorney who understands your situation and can advocate on your behalf.
- Your insurance has lapsed: If your insurance has lapsed, your license can be automatically suspended and if you are caught driving without current insurance, your license can be suspended for a definite period of time.
- You were convicted of check fraud: In some cases, a fraud conviction can cause your license to be suspended. If your license has been suspended for writing bad checks, Attorney Robert Bellinger can petition the court to restore your license.
- Failure to pay child support: If the court issued an order to pay child support and you failed to pay it, one of the remedies it has at its disposal is to suspend your license. This is particularly true in instances in which you are refusing to pay support after the court has issued an order.
- You failed to follow up on an administrative order: If you ignored a court summons, failed to pay fines, or otherwise violated a court order, the court can suspend your driver’s license.
Talk to an Angola License Restoration Lawyer
If you have had your license suspended, The Robert Bellinger Law Office can help you get it restored. Give us a call or contact us online to set up an appointment.