Criminal Defense Attorneys in Angola, IN
Indiana Criminal Defense Lawyers in Angola
When you are facing criminal charges, it is time to seek advice from our criminal defense attorneys in Angola, IN. Criminal charges of anytime, including misdemeanor and felony offenses, should be taken extremely seriously, and you should begin working on a defense strategy as soon as possible.
Angola, IN, Criminal Defense Cases Handled by Our Experienced Lawyers
If you are being investigated for a criminal offense or allegations have been made, or if you have been arrested for and charged with a criminal offense in Indiana, it is critical to begin working with one of our Angola criminal defense attorneys as soon as possible. The sooner you begin developing a defense strategy, the better prepared you will be to fight the charges you are facing. At The Bellinger Law Office, we routinely assist clients with defenses in a wide range of criminal law matters, including but not limited to the following:
- DUI or DWI charges;
- Traffic violations;
- Domestic violence;
- Drug offenses;
- Protective orders;
- Theft charges;
- Weapons offenses;
- Expungement or record sealing; and
- Title IX sexual harassment investigation defense strategies.
Consequences of a Criminal Conviction in Angola, Indiana
When you are facing any kind of criminal charges in Indiana, whether it is a misdemeanor or felony offense, you need to do everything you can to avoid a conviction. Criminal convictions in Indiana can result in severe sentences under Indiana law, and you can continue to face repercussions for having a criminal record long after you have served the terms of your sentence. Criminal penalties associated with a conviction for a felony can include:
- 20 to 40 years in prison for a level 1 felony;
- 10 to 40 years in prison for a level 2 felony;
- 3 to 16 years in prison for a level 3 felony;
- 2 to 12 years in prison for a level 4 felony;
- 1 to 6 years in prison for a level 5 felony; and
- 6 months to 2 and ½ years in prison for a level 6 felony.
All felony convictions can also result in a monetary fine of up to $10,000. Possible criminal penalties for a misdemeanor conviction can include:
- Up to 1 year of jail time for a class A misdemeanor, along with the possibility of a fine of up to $5,000;
- Up to 180 days of jail time for a class B misdemeanor, along with the possibility of a fine of up to $1,000; and
- Up to 60 days of jail time for a class A misdemeanor, along with the possibility of a fine of up to $500.
Beyond the penalties associated with a criminal sentence, having a misdemeanor or felony conviction will mean that you have a criminal record. In some circumstances, having a criminal record can affect what kind of job you can have, where you can live, and whether you are eligible for certain types of credit.
Contact an Angola, Indiana Criminal Defense Attorney Today
Do you need assistance defending against criminal charges? Our experienced Angola criminal defense attorneys are here to assist you. Contact The Bellinger Law Office to find out more about building a defense strategy that is tailored to the facts of your case.