Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Fort Wayne
Prosecutors can leverage your uncertainty and fear, even when you are charged with simple infractions. The truth is, there is no benefit to admitting guilt. The prosecutors and police will not pat you on the back or give you a gold star for being honest. Instead, they will use anything you say against you to make their charges stick. Your Fort Wayne criminal defense attorney is your first line of defense against overcharging, speculative prosecutions, and shoddy law enforcement work.
Types of Cases We Handle
The Bellinger Law Office handles a number of criminal defense situations. These include:
- DUI, DWI, OWI, OVWI – Operating a vehicle while intoxicated is against the law. When someone is injured, killed, or there is property damage due to drunk driving, prosecutors can add charges that include jail time. While most folks will not see jail time for an OWI, you can lose your license, end up paying exorbitant fees in insurance, and/or face substantial fines. Your defense attorney can prevent this.
- Drug possession and distribution charges – Drug charges can seriously impact your future employment and apartment prospects. Landlords and employers who conduct background checks on their hopefuls will see drug charges appear and may not want to take a chance on you. The attorneys at The Bellinger Law Office can prevent these charges from appearing on your record and messing with your future.
- Theft – One thing that a prospective employer really does not want to see on an applicant’s record is a theft charge. Do not automatically plead guilty, even if you think you are. We have had success getting charges reduced and have helped many good people expunge their records.
- Internet crimes – Internet crimes range from solicitation of a minor and child pornography charges to various types of fraud and theft, including identity theft. Our attorneys have experience defending clients against these types of charges.
- Juvenile charges – Juvenile crimes are generally prosecuted through family court. The Bellinger Law Office has experience defending juvenile clients from criminal charges.
- Violations of probation – The Bellinger Law Office also defends clients who are accused of probation violations.
Contact a Fort Wayne Criminal Defense Lawyer Today
If you have been charged with a crime in the Fort Wayne area, then you need a compassionate advocate who can defend you against the charges. The sooner you involve a lawyer in the process, the better your chances are at getting a favorable outcome. Call The Bellinger Law Office today to schedule a free consultation and learn more about how we can help.