New Haven Criminal Defense Lawyer
If you have been charged with a crime, the pressure is going to mount right away. There will be court dates, questioning, and prosecutors and police officers will be doing everything in their power to cast you in the worst possible light. When possible, you need to be able to jump ahead of the situation. Having a lawyer defend you from even common charges like DUI is important.
The attorneys at the Robert Bellinger Law Office will help you mount a plausible defense and force the prosecution to prove every element of their case beyond a reasonable doubt. In so doing, we make it far more likely that the charges will be dropped, dismissed, or you will get a favorable plea or a not guilty verdict at trial. Give us a call or talk to us online to set up an appointment today.
Types of Criminal Cases We Handle
The Robert Bellinger Law Office handles a full range of criminal charges. These include:
- Traffic violations: If your license has been revoked or you are facing a suspension, The Robert Bellinger Law Office can successfully plead your case to the judge. We can help restore a revoked driver’s license and get you back on the road.
- DUI charges: DUI charges can have a major impact on your driving record which will drive up your insurance costs and could result in the suspension or revocation of your license. However, the methods for testing a driver’s blood alcohol concentration are inexact and non-scientific. Even tests that do pass the litmus of scientific certainty need to be administered precisely in order to return accurate results. A DUI attorney can ensure that bogus or ill-gotten incriminating evidence does not hurt you in court.
- Drug crimes: The majority of drugs are seized during routine traffic stops. The officer may have no right to search your vehicle in many of these cases. Illegally obtained evidence cannot be used against you in court. If you have been charged with possession, trafficking, or manufacture of drugs, the attorneys at the Robert Bellinger Law Office can defend you from those charges.
- Domestic violence and protective orders: Those accused of domestic violence are always hit with more severe charges than is appropriate for the situation. In many cases, the violence was either mutual or, in the heat of the moment, one party wanted to really stick it to the other party. The Robert Bellinger Law Office can help clear up the confusion in court and fight for a result that you can live with.
- Theft: Theft offenses include robbery, shoplifting, and various forms of fraud. Whatever the charges, the Robert Bellinger Law Office can help you get a favorable plea or force the prosecution to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt.
- Weapons charges: If you have been caught with an illegally obtained weapon, the Robert Bellinger Law Office can get you a result you can live with.
In addition to the aforementioned, we can help you get your criminal records expunged. Give the New Haven, IN criminal defense attorneys at The Robert Bellinger Law Office a call or talk to us online to set up an appointment today.