Fort Wayne Personal Injury Lawyer
Being injured by someone else’s negligence leaves you in a difficult spot. While you tend to your health and healing, you not only watch medical bills pour in but may also have to deal with wage losses and difficult emotional consequences. The best way to help protect your rights and obtain your rightful compensation is with an experienced Indiana personal injury lawyer on your side.
Your Accident Claim
Personal injury law applies to wide-ranging accidents, but some of the categories of accidents that are most common include:
- Burn Injuries and Disfiguring Scars
- Car Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Eye Injuries and Vision Loss
- Head Injuries, including Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Neck and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Premises Liability Claims
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Truck Accidents
Regardless of the kind of accident that leaves you injured, an experienced injury lawyer can help.
The Damages You’ve Suffered
The damages – or losses – you suffer as a result of the negligence-based accident that leaves you injured can be immense, including:
- Medical Expenses – Even a relatively mild injury can lead to significant medical costs, and if your injuries are serious, those costs can grow exponentially. These expenses can begin with emergency care and transportation and move on to surgery, hospitalization, doctor care, prescription meds, rehabilitation, physical therapy, follow-up care, and more.
- Lost Earnings – While you take time off from work to restore your health, you’re very likely to experience lost earnings, which can take an additional financial toll. Further, if your injuries are serious, you could be looking at diminished earnings in the future as well.
- Pain and Suffering – In addition to your financial losses, you can also face significant emotional and psychological losses related to the pain and suffering you endure, which can be overwhelming and even more difficult to recover from.
It’s important to have an accurate accounting of your damages in their entirety in order to provide yourself with the best opportunity to fully recover your health and well-being. Physical injuries can evolve into secondary and ongoing health concerns that require more extensive medical care, and emotional symptoms – it must be noted – can be especially bedeviling when it comes to recovery.
The Insurance Company
When someone else’s negligence has left you injured, you’re most likely going to be dealing with the insurance company involved. Some points to keep in mind include:
- The insurance company is motivated by profits, and you should not think of them as being on your side.
- You are not required to make a statement to the insurance company, and you should leave this task to your injury lawyer. Insurance reps are well versed at eliciting claimant statements that go on to injure their cases.
- An early settlement offer from the insurance company is likely an attempt to close your claim before you recognize the extent of your injuries.
An Experienced Injury Lawyer in Fort Wayne Can Help
At The Bellinger Law Office, our Fort Wayne personal injury attorneys are committed to building your strongest claim in pursuit of just compensation. We’re here to help, so please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information today.