Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Fort Wayne
If you hear the siren song of the open road, you probably enjoy getting out there on your bike, which is a great way to unwind and enjoy the State of Indiana’s natural beauty. Unfortunately, motorcycle accidents are far too common and far too dangerous. If someone else’s negligence leaves you injured in a motorcycle accident, turn to an experienced Indiana motorcycle accident attorney for the professional legal guidance you need.
When You’re on Your Bike
When you head out on your motorcycle, you’re already more vulnerable to the dangers of the road for all of the following reasons:
- Because you take up far less space on the road when you are on your motorcycle, it’s more difficult for other motorists to see you, and this is especially true when those motorists aren’t even bothering to look for bikers like you in their midst.
- Your lower profile when you’re on your bike makes it easier for you to get lost in other motorists’ blind spots, which every driver should check before leaving his or her lane.
- Because you only have two points of connection with the road when you’re on your motorcycle, you’re more vulnerable to the adverse effects of bad weather and poorly maintained roads.
- When you’re on your bike, your helmet is the only buffer between you and the impact of an accident.
- It is more difficult for other drivers to gauge your speed and distance from them when you’re on your motorcycle, and this makes accidents in intersections, which are exceptionally dangerous to begin with, that much more likely.
None of this alters the fact that every motorist owes everyone else on the road a duty of care that extends to watching out for motorcyclists and accommodating their safe passage.
Motorcyclists are especially vulnerable to driver negligence, which can take all of the following life-threatening forms:
- Distraction – Distracted drivers are far less likely to see motorcyclists with whom they share the road. Texting is the most common and the deadliest distraction drivers can engage in.
- Impairment – When you’re riding, you’re far more vulnerable to impaired drivers, who are less well able to control their vehicles safely.
- Excess Speed – Drivers who refuse to travel at a safe speed allow themselves less time to react safely to whatever they encounter on the road, and motorcyclists can pay the ultimate cost.
- Exhaustion – Drowsy drivers are less attuned to the road overall, which makes them more likely to cause dangerous motorcycle accidents.
Whatever form it takes, driver negligence leaves motorcyclists like you far more vulnerable to dangerous accidents and serious injuries.
You Need an Experienced Indiana Motorcycle Accident Attorney on Your Side
If someone else’s negligence causes you to be injured in a motorcycle accident, Robert Bellinger at The Bellinger Law Office in Fort Wayne is a reputable motorcycle accident attorney who is committed to skillfully advocating for your case’s most favorable resolution. Our dedicated legal team takes great pride in helping clients like you, so please don’t wait to contact us for more information today.